Monday, November 21, 2011

Thanksgiving - By Ted

     Here I am again, writing about a holiday. This time my article is about Thanksgiving - that special day where we get to eat  a week's worth of food in one meal. But it's not just about stuffing yourself, it's also about seeing your family. Most of us go to a relative's house to celebrate. Stereotypically, I go to my Grandma's house on Thanksgiving, where I see that whole side of my family and eat a big meal. Then, the next day, I go to my other Grandma's house, see the other half of my family, and eat another big meal. The next day I let myself recover by sitting in bed all day.
     Here at school, there are two fun things happening because of Thanksgiving. The first thing is making a turkey in art class, and the second is Thanksgiving Break. I love Thanksgiving Break because we get three whole days off of school (five if you count the weekend). On Halloween we only got one day off, so this break is three times as long. More time to do stuff.
     So, Thanksgiving is a great time to eat a ton of home-cooked food (turkey, mashed potatoes, pie, cranberry sauce, etc.), be around family (is that good or bad?) and relax on Thanksgiving Break. Do you have any special things you do on Thanksgiving or family traditions? Hopefully the holiday is fun for everyone and no one is hospitalized in an extreme food coma.
   
   
   

2 comments:

  1. I always eat a lot of stuffing. That is my favorite Thanksgiving dish.

    Mr. Brame

    ReplyDelete
  2. I shared this with Mr. Clark. He was SO EXCITED his project made the paper!

    Ms. Luhrs

    ReplyDelete