Thursday, January 26, 2012

STAR TEACHER!!

Our next teacher that we would like to recognize is Mrs. Bachkora, the 6th grade science teacher. She is pregnant and her baby girl is due next month.  Her and her husband, Chris, have another little girl named Gabrielle who will be 2 next month. Gabrielle loves puppies, monkeys, and Shrek.  They have a dog named Tater and currently live in Mission, KS. She love sports and played them continuously throughout her life.  She played soccer at a D1 university in Saint Louis, called Saint Louis University, while her husband played baseball there. She was interviewed by an Apache News reporter to find out what she REALLY liked..
Me: How long have you been teaching?
Her: I have been teaching for 3 years now. This is my first year teaching at Arrowhead. I last taught in Leavenworth KS, and before that I lived and taught in Saint Louis, MO.

Me: What is your FAVORITE thing about AMS, or the students, or both?
Her: My favorite thing about AMS is the students! We have such a talented group of kids both academically, musically, dramatically, and athletically and I enjoy watching them work and succeed daily.

Me: What are two things NO ONE would guess about you?
Her: Two things no one may guess about me....when I was little I used to be an avid comic book junkie. I love art--drawing, painting, sculpture--and closely considered being an art teacher instead of a science teacher while in college.

Well, thats Mrs. Bachkora representing the 6th graders! Congratulations on your new baby girl, we (the AMS Apache News Team) hope for the best with your growing family.

No comments:

Post a Comment